Dental School: University of San Francisco
Medical School: University of California Davis
Internship: University of California San Francisco
Residency: University of California San Francisco
Surgical interests: Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Dental Implants, Reconstructive Bone and Gum Tissue Grafting, Stem Cell Technology, Dental Trauma, Wisdom Teeth, Minimally Invasive Surgery, Conservative Surgery, Second Opinions, Laser Frenectomy
Born and raised in San Francisco, Dr. Dennis Song decided to practice in the city he grew up in to serve San Francisco, the Bay Area, and internationally. A graduate of Lowell High School, he completed his undergraduate work from the west coast’s first formal university, the University of San Francisco and went on to achieve his dental degree (DDS) from the University of California San Francisco.
For his specialty training to become an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, he completed his medical degree (MD) from the University of California Davis. He completed his internships and residency in General Surgery and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of California San Francisco.
He is licensed to practice both dentistry and medicine and has a permit for general anesthesia. He is Vice Chief of the Dental Division and Attending Surgeon at California Pacific Medical Center and Staff Surgeon at St. Mary’s Hospital in San Francisco.
For ten years, Dr. Song was an Associate Clinical Professor at the University of California San Francisco and now serves as an Associate Adjunct Professor at the University of Pacific Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco teaching students and residents. Dr. Song maintains more than double the minimum requirements for continuing education annually to keep abreast of the latest information and techniques and also lectures several times a year. He lives in San Francisco with his wife and two children.
- Board Certified - Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Board Certified - Dental Anesthesiology
- Fellowship – International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Fellowship – International College of Dentists
- Fellowship – American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellowship – California Associations of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellowship – American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Basic Life Support (American Heart Association)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (American Heart Association)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (American Heart Association)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (American College of Surgeons)
- San Francisco Dental Society
- San Francisco Marin Medical Society
- California Medical Association
- California Dental Association
- California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- American Medical Association
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Academy of Oral Medicine
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Academy for Sports Dentistry
- International College of Dentists