Sinus Precautions in San Francisco
Please observe the following precautions if you have had surgery involving work near or in your sinuses:
- DO NOT blow your nose for at least two weeks.
- DO NOT forcibly spit for one week.
- DO NOT smoke or use smokeless tobacco; smoking greatly inhibits the healing process, especially in the sinuses.
- Sneeze with your MOUTH OPEN. If the urge to sneeze arises, do not sneeze through your nose and avoid pinching nostrils.
- Drink without a straw for one week.
- Avoid swimming for one month and strenuous exercise (e.g. heavy lifting) for one week.
- Gentle swishing with salt water may be done for one week, but do not rinse vigorously.
- Slight bleeding from the nose is not uncommon and may occur for several days after surgery.